PHOENIX ROADRUNNER CHAPTER of the AMCA
I was not present at the January chapter meeting but I will try to summarize what was discussed, what was decided, and what needs be decided upon going forward. Let me do my best to decipher Jack Steins chicken scratching. :)
Ed Houser was re-elected to a 3rd term as Chapter president
Stan Selerowski was re-elected to a 3rd term as Vice President
Tom Hetrick was elected to replace Ron Houser as Treasurer and Secretary
Things decided for 2017:
1) Establish a domain name and build a website with a calendar of events.
2) Get a newsletter started to better organize events and inform our members.
3) Establish that Chapter meetings will be held Quarterly, with a schedule to be announced and put on the website.
4) The chapter will conduct an informal event each month, consisting of a ride, a garage crawl, a cookout, or similar based on member input and suggestions.
Things to be discussed going forward:
1) The need to get members on an email list so no one gets left out of club communication.
2) Printing of new business cards and club forms that will reflect that we now have awebsite.
3) Find someone to manage our club facebook page.
4) Discuss / Pursue and venue change for our annual show and swap meet.
Just as a Reminder about chapter dues:
Chapter dues will be collected annually on the 1st of February. Membership cost has been reduced to $10 per year. As Ron and I are still working through the transition of responsibilities, please continue to make payments to Ron Houser for 2017. Contact Ron by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! My name is Tom Hetrick. I am the newly mintedsecretary / treasurer of our Roadrunner chapter. Thank you all for giving me this opportunity to contribute. I look forward to serving the club, and am anxious to get started.
We all know that it takes work to make a club like ours function. I would like to take a moment to thank outgoing treasurer and secretary Ron Houser for all the hard work and his contribution to getting this club off the ground. EURO SHOW AND SWAP MEET The Euro show and swap meet held at the Steel Horse Saloon wasa success. There were dozens of great bikes to see, and many vendors with an array of parts for sale. We sold some hats and T-Shirts, and signed up several new members. Thanks to all the members who made the show happen.
See below, the AMCA National Statement of purpose. It outlines the purpose of the clubs existance. I would like to hear from all of you, with any input you may have for what you see as the purpose for our chapters existence.
In the 2 years since the RoadRunner chapter was chartered, we have made great progress and experienced real growth. Taking responsibility for the Euro Show and Swap Meet, AND hosting the Kanab Road run has put us on the map. Going forward, I will be working closely with chapter President Ed Houser and VP Stan Selerowski to build upon these achievements.
AMCA Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the AMCA shall be the collection, restoration, preservation and use of antique motorcycles, parts, accessories and literature pertaining to the history of same. It shall be further, to provide information and general literature pertaining to motorcycles that are at least thirty-five (35) years of age. It shall be to provide for and regulate National and regional Meets and tours. Through the avenue of common interest in antique motorcycles, the Club shall encourage good fellowship and
brotherhood of all men.